Robert Cormier - Tenderness [14 - 17 Jahre]

• I hope you don't mind if I wirte everything in English.

Titel: Tenderness
    Autor: Robert Cormier
    ISBN: 0385731337
    Sprache: Englisch

Content
    Eric has just been released from juvenile detention. Now he's looking for some tenderness - tenderness he finds in caressing and killing innocent girls.

Lori has run away from home again. She is also looking for some tenderness - tenderness that is about more than just sex, tenderness she finds in Eric.

Together, they begin a harrowing journeythat will either save or destroy them.

The author
    Robert Cormier has been called "the single most important writer in the whole history of young adult literature." From his groundbreaking first novel for young adults, The chocolate war, to Frenchtown Summer, a novel in verse that received the Los Angeles Time Book Prize, his books have won many awards and have been translated into several languages, becoming modern classics. Im 1991 he received the Margaret A. Edwards Award, honoring his lifetime contribution to writing for teens, for The chocolate war, I am the cheese and After the first death.

My opinion
    Although normally I don't like teen books, I really enjoyed reading this book, which was as easy to read as a german book.
    I think both, Eric and Lori are a little bit crazy, she with her fixations (she fixes on a person, she needs to kiss to get over the fixation) and he with his need to kill girls with dark hair and dark eyes. Perhaps, this is the only reason, why he doesn't kills her - she's blond hair and green eyes.
    The only thing which is not so nice at all is, that the end is too short and very sad. A happy end would have managed too. Not, that this end is bad, but there are a vew better endings for this book.
    All in all I give nine points for this book.

Meine Meinung
    Obwohl ich solche Jugendbücher iegtnlich nicht mag, habe ich dieses Buch gerne gelesen. Es ist eigentlich so einfach wie ein deutsches Buch zu lesen.
    Ich denke, dass sowohl Eric, als auch Lori ein bisschen verrückt sind. Sie mit ihren Fixations [mir fällt kein deutschen Begriff ein, der dem entsprechen würde...], bei denen sie sich auf eine Person fixiert, die sie küssen muss, um diese Fixation zu überwinden, und er mit seinem Drang, Mädchen mit schwarzen Haaren und Augen zu töten.
    Das einzige, was nicht so schön ist, ist das recht kurze und traurige Ende. Ein Happy End würde meiner Meinung nach viel besser passen. Es ist zwar nicht schlecht und in sich schlüssig, aber da gäbe es einige bessere Enden für dieses Buch.
    Alles in allem gibt es von mir neun Punkte für dieses Buch.

Yours,
    Rava

Ich, ohne Bücher, bin nicht ich.

Bücher sind lebensnotwendig. Ohne Bücher existiere ich. Aber ich lebe nicht.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ravannah ()