ein Nicht-Deutschsprachiger hier, der Deutsch lernen will - a non-german speaker here planning to learn german

• Hi :wave
    i'm really sorry if i'm breaking the rules by positing in english but i know 0 german words and i would love to learn the language

i'm looking to put a german list of books and slowly make my way through it as my level improves. please if you can suggest me some simple german novels to read

Hello
    es tut mir wirklich leid, wenn ich gegen die Regeln verstoße, indem ich auf Englisch poste, aber ich kenne 0 deutsche Wörter und ich würde die Sprache gerne lernen

ich möchte eine deutsche liste von büchern erstellen und mich langsam durch die liste durcharbeiten, wenn sich mein niveau verbessert. bitte, wenn sie mir einige einfache deutsche romane zum lesen vorschlagen können (dies wurde mit Google Translate geschrieben )

• When I started reading books in English I started with teenage books. Those contained the language that I learned at school, about family, school, ordinary life. And I was looking for books that I really wanted to read.

What kind of books do you like? Fantasy, thriller, history?

“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax all you need is a book." ― Dr. Seuss

• Hi thanks for you reply. I like both fantasy and history

english isn't my first language but i never used reading to learn the language so i'm curious and i would like to try to learn german relying heavily on books

When I started reading books in English I started with teenage books. Those contained the language that I learned at school, about family, school, ordinary life. And I was looking for books that I really wanted to read.

What kind of books do you like? Fantasy, thriller, history

• Start with books that aren't too thick. And do you have an ereader? I can translate from english to german with a touch on my reader. Maybe that is possible from german to english or your native language, too. It makes reading in a foreign language much easier.

You might try fantasy for children for a start, like this secret school of dragons:

ASIN/ISBN: B07D17FC7X

Or detective storys for children. Even adults love the ???:

ASIN/ISBN: B091CYYJ6J

“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax all you need is a book." ― Dr. Seuss

• Thanks for the recommendations i'll add them to my list

• You could also look for bilingual books.

You'll have the text in German on one side and the same text in English on the other.

:lesend Jay Kristoff; Nevernight - Die Rache

:lesend Laura Imai Messina; Die Telefonzelle am Ende der Welt (eBook)

:lesend Rebecca Gablé; Teufelskrone (Hörbuch: Detlef Bierstedt)